March 19, 2008

So Productive (and my 100th post)

Things I planned to do over Spring Break:

1) Clean out all of our closets – mine & Steve’s, Mac’s, the Diva & Mic’s, the coat closet, the linen closet

2) Piddle (not the puppy kind) out in the back yard picking up all of the crap the kids dragged out over the winter and getting it ready for the coop and pool.

3) Organize the living room

4) Get the kids’ spring / summer clothes washed and put in dressers / closets and get winter clothes out

5) Catch up on some reading

6) Go visit my sister and parents

7) Get a haircut and ahem… ‘refresh’ my color

8) Catch up on all my shows on the DVR and finally clean-up the damn thing

Things I have done (thus far) over Spring Break:

1) eat myself into oblivion

2) hang out with Steve and stay up way too late every night and sleep waaaay too late every day

3) play on the internet

The kids left Monday morning for vacation with their Dad. Last weekend was our weekend, so we spent the time just hanging out since they were going to be leaving. We won’t see them until next Monday, after school (unless Mic plays his soccer game on Saturday, then we might see them for about an hour). My parents came up on Saturday. Weather was beautiful, so the kids spent a lot of time out side. Sunday, some friends came over for a couple of hours – kids had a blast playing with each other and the adults got in some good chatting time. Steve and I stayed up until about three a.m. Monday morning, only to get about 4-5 hours of sleep before we were up, getting the kids ready for their big send off. They were so excited… up and dressed before we even tried to pry our eyes open. Hustle and bustle for about an hour, their Dad arrived and they were off.

We spent most of Monday being slugs because we were so tired from the night before. We ran a couple of errands, came home and collapsed. The webcam arrived and Steve promptly spent the next eight hours trying to get it to work. I sat here, staying out of his way being ever so supportive (because he tends to get a little grumpy after, oh, about the sixth hour of fiddling) until it finally sprang to life. Well, then, we of course had to play around with it which tortured the poor chicks. I don’t yet have my Cheep to English dictionary, but I’m pretty sure they were saying, “Would you two mind? Please leave us alone and Go. To. Bed. already?!?!?!” (because they are English chicks, you know… and they have that knack for telling you to flick off ever-so-politely)

So, after rising at the crack of noon yesterday, we slugged around again waiting for the first three cups of coffee to wake us up, then finally got out for yet more errands (we are the errand-est running people!). One of which was to stop by the health food store to have a poke around. We were in the egg section, scoping out and reading the cartons because that is our new obsession after all eggs and chickens – I tell ya, it’s never ending excitement around here! Steve finds one brand of organic eggs marked “Fertile”, grabs ‘em and says, “Let’s put some in the incubator.” Just like that. What??? Doesn’t everyone’s trip to the grocery store end with coming home and incubating dinner (because what were supposed to be six eggs in the incubator and six eggs set aside for feeding us breakfast for dinner, turned out to be all twelve incubating). I’m sure you’ll get updates on those soon, but really, incubating is so last Tuesday!

It was cloudy, cold and rained the entire day yesterday, so what else could we do, but stay inside once we got back home (that really sounds pretty stupid and like I’m stating the bleeding obvious when I read that back… oh, well – work with me, m’kay?) So, being the sloths that we are, and since dinner was now approaching the embryonic stage, we headed out to the all-you-can-eat buffet down the street.

I told you I ate myself into oblivion. Came home, collapsed on the bed because I just couldn’t move. At that point, I should have just pulled the covers up over my head and called it a night. But, no. Once I finally felt semi-human again, we watched American Idol (recorded, because really… why would anybody sit through those commercials when you just don’t have to?). I agree with Simon about last night, by the way… they should have just called it ‘good’ last week and let The Beatles rest while the contestants were still on top. Last night really did seem like a mess.

Off to bed, where we inevitably find ourselves laying there and chatting for hours… before we know it, it’s five o’clock. Another day of accomplishing absolutely nothing and not having the sense that God gave a goat to just go to sleep at a reasonable hour.

So, when the slits in our head that house our eyeballs were trying to focus on the clock that read 11:30 this morning, as we were coming to life, I tell Steve that I just can’t do this. I’m going to have a real hard time when Monday rolls around and I will be expected to arrive at work before noon (how dare they!?!). So, you might think that I’ll be sensible and get to bed earlier the rest of the week, right?

Wrong. Tonight and tomorrow night, Steve will be working. And I do like going to work with him… it is, after all, sitting around, drinking half-priced alcoholic beverages and chatting to friends that I don’t get much of a chance to see often. But, it means that we’ll certainly be up until 2:30, if not later. Which means, sleep ‘till noon again, only to do the whole thing over tomorrow night.

I shouldn’t complain, really… it’s like leading the life of a college kid again, only with stability and a home and (even if it is only a tiny amount) money in the checking account. The best of both worlds.

I’m staring at the bags of clothes I need to go through for Mic and the Diva. So, at least, I’ve moved them inside from storage in the garage. That’s progress, right?????

Also... this is my 100th post!!! Grab a beer and some chips, sit back and celebrate with me, won't ya?


Day Dreamer said...

Happy 100th Post!!

Woo Hoo! I love it over here, it's so much more-together than mine!

I'm just jealous that you get to sleep in!!! Enjoy your mini-vacation! We don't get much time off smack dab in the middle of March! Drink a cold one for me later! SMOOCH!


Kelley said...

Happy 100th!!

I am with day dreamer, don't go teasing me with your sleeping in shenanigans!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

We made our '100th' post on the same day.. ;-)

EXCEPT, if you look at your archive, it adds up to 99?

so you get to do it again?

Day Dreamer said...

Ummmmm, eerrrrrrr...blink, stare.

Okay then....Happy 99th post!

LMAO. That's something I would do!


(Altogether now "99 bottles of beer in the fridge...." Let the party begin!)

BetteJo said...

Sounds like the stuff I do when I have a moment away from work. Minus the chicks of course.

I totally missed my 100th post - I think I wrote about bad tampons or something. Sigh-h-h.

Happy 100th to you!

IzzyMom said...

My kids were home all week during spring break and I got NOTHING done. But then again, I planned on it because I know my kids lol

Happy 100th post