March 31, 2008
If you chant, would you chant for us, please?
If you worship baby poop green four-door cars on the first and last Monday of the month, would ya throw one in for us, please???
However you ask your "Higher Power" for favors, would ya mind throwin' in an extra-special teensy-eensy favor for me 'n The Limey and all of our offspring, please?
Don't want to jinx it, so I promise... I'll spill the beans (hopefully) soon, m'kay??
Oh... and THANKS!
March 25, 2008
And today is my One Year Blogiversary!
*I was just going by the post counter in my dashboard. Waaaay down the list of posts, is a draft that I never published (and probably won't, now). It was counted in my number by Blogger, but actually doesn't count towards number of real posts. Thank you, Xbox4NappyRash, for pointing that out, but dude! countin' my archives??? ;) )
March 19, 2008
Things I planned to do over Spring Break:
1) Clean out all of our closets – mine &
2) Piddle (not the puppy kind) out in the back yard picking up all of the crap the kids dragged out over the winter and getting it ready for the coop and pool.
3) Organize the living room
4) Get the kids’ spring / summer clothes washed and put in dressers / closets and get winter clothes out
5) Catch up on some reading
6) Go visit my sister and parents
7) Get a haircut and ahem… ‘refresh’ my color
8) Catch up on all my shows on the DVR and finally clean-up the damn thing
Things I have done (thus far) over Spring Break:
1) eat myself into oblivion
2) hang out with
3) play on the internet
The kids left Monday morning for vacation with their Dad. Last weekend was our weekend, so we spent the time just hanging out since they were going to be leaving. We won’t see them until next Monday, after school (unless Mic plays his soccer game on Saturday, then we might see them for about an hour). My parents came up on Saturday. Weather was beautiful, so the kids spent a lot of time out side. Sunday, some friends came over for a couple of hours – kids had a blast playing with each other and the adults got in some good chatting time.
We spent most of Monday being slugs because we were so tired from the night before. We ran a couple of errands, came home and collapsed. The webcam arrived and
staying out of his way being ever so supportive (because he tends to get a little grumpy after, oh, about the sixth hour of fiddling) until it finally sprang to life. Well, then, we of course had to play around with it which tortured the poor chicks. I don’t yet have my Cheep to English dictionary, but I’m pretty sure they were saying, “Would you two mind? Please leave us alone and Go. To. Bed. already?!?!?!” (because they are English chicks, you know… and they have that knack for telling you to flick off ever-so-politely)
So, after rising at the crack of noon yesterday, we slugged around again waiting for the first three cups of coffee to wake us up, then finally got out for yet more errands (we are the errand-est running people!). One of which was to stop by the health food store to have a poke around. We were in the egg section, scoping out and reading the cartons because that is our new obsession after all… eggs and chickens – I tell ya, it’s never ending excitement around here!
It was cloudy, cold and rained the entire day yesterday, so what else could we do, but stay inside once we got back home (that really sounds pretty stupid and like I’m stating the bleeding obvious when I read that back… oh, well – work with me, m’kay?) So, being the sloths that we are, and since dinner was now approaching the embryonic stage, we headed out to the all-you-can-eat buffet down the street.
I told you I ate myself into oblivion. Came home, collapsed on the bed because I just couldn’t move. At that point, I should have just pulled the covers up over my head and called it a night. But, no. Once I finally felt semi-human again, we watched American Idol (recorded, because really… why would anybody sit through those commercials when you just don’t have to?). I agree with Simon about last night, by the way… they should have just called it ‘good’ last week and let The Beatles rest while the contestants were still on top. Last night really did seem like a mess.
Off to bed, where we inevitably find ourselves laying there and chatting for hours… before we know it, it’s five o’clock. Another day of accomplishing absolutely nothing and not having the sense that God gave a goat to just go to sleep at a reasonable hour.
So, when the slits in our head that house our eyeballs were trying to focus on the clock that read 11:30 this morning, as we were coming to life, I tell
Wrong. Tonight and tomorrow night,
I shouldn’t complain, really… it’s like leading the life of a college kid again, only with stability and a home and (even if it is only a tiny amount) money in the checking account. The best of both worlds.
I’m staring at the bags of clothes I need to go through for Mic and the Diva. So, at least, I’ve moved them inside from storage in the garage. That’s progress, right?????
Also... this is my 100th post!!! Grab a beer and some chips, sit back and celebrate with me, won't ya?
March 18, 2008
It should be read as "See our chicks, LIVE!" (long "i") as in "see what our chicks are doing right now, this very minute, in real time", because we (read: Steve) got a new webcam that is just the coolest! You can pan and tilt and zoom and move it around... yes, you! can do all that from the comfort of your easy chair!
Eventually, we'll set it up in the coop (oh! have I not mentioned the coop?? talk about the coolest!?!?!?!), which will become their brooder in the next week or so, as they have just about outgrown the tub they have called home their entire lives (there's that word again...!!).
Anyway... go here to see what they are up to, because (almost) three-week-old chickens are just so fascinating and I know you have absolutely nothing else to do with your time than watch our chicks, right???
March 17, 2008
The linky luv is everywhere! My friend, Mrs. Yammering, has tagged me with a "7 Weird Things About Me Meme". What this means, is that I'm supposed to tell you seven weird things about me, then I have to call out five people to pay-it-forward...
I'll confess here... Mrs. Y actually tagged me last June with what was my first-ever blog tag and should have been my first meme, but being the shy person that I am, I just couldn't muster the confidence to go through with it (if you're not laughing by now, go ahead... no, really!). So, if this "seven things" thing hasn't completely sucked the life outta me, I just might hold up my end of my inaugural meme... we'll see.
1) I really am a very shy person. If ever I'm guilty of thinking myself the center of attention, it's only that I'm thinking people are thinking horrible, rotten things about me. My self-confidence is zero, zilch, nada. Logically, I may know that I a good person and am good at some things, but actually feeling it... well, that's next to impossible for me. Growing up, I was often perceived as a snob, which I always thought a bit funny, as it couldn't have been further from the truth!
2) I am completely repulsed by feet. Yep, repulsed. In a really strange, can't look away from a train wreck sort of way, I can't take my eyes off of them sometimes, either. I should say that I think I have pretty decent feet and I do my best to keep them pretty, especially during summer, when people are most likely to see them. At the same time, I expect that others should do the same. I nearly vomit when I see feet with layers upon layers of dead, scales which are usually partnered with thick, yellow nasty, funky toenails that are only half polished. Don't worry, I'm absolutely positive it is in no way a fetish, I'm sure. And I hate to have mine touched. Even if it's touching in a nice way...
3) I only passed my driving test by two points. Yep. Nearly failed the damn thing. This kinda goes back to #1 somewhat... see, I just knew the test administrator was sitting over thinking awful things about me like, "Why in the hell does she think she's worthy of a driver's license?" or "OMG! She's really got some nerve, coming down here, wasting my time, asking for permission to drive! Fail!" So, I was a wee bit nervous, you could say. I was nearly side-swiped pulling out from parallel parking because I forgot to look in my side mirror to see if anyone was coming. I suppose the fact that I passed is what matters.
4) I have this thing about socks (ask Mrs. Y!). Generally speaking, I have three rules about socks… 1-your socks must match, or at very least coordinate with, your shirt.
5) I always have gum on me, usually in my mouth. I go into a kind of panic if I’m out, so I often stock pile packs and packs of it so that I never run out. I put this one in the ‘weird’ category because, as a teacher, I don’t allow it in my classroom. Hypocrite? Maybe. But, I’m a very polite chewer… often, people don’t even know I’m chewing it. Besides, being the teacher has to have some perks, right?
6) I *have* to lay out clothes for my two youngest kids the night before (not so weird, right?) and for myself. I absolutely will not sleep if I haven’t picked out everything, laid it out just right (over the treadmill – ha!), so that I can swoop it up in my still-asleep stupor on my way out of the bedroom headed to the bathroom. Along with this, I must have my shoes out in the living room so that I do not have to find one single thing in my bedroom in the morning. Mostly, this would be so that I don’t risk waking
7) I have a pen and post-it fetish. Seriously! I am completely and utterly obsessed with finding that just right pen (my quest continues) and I love any and all post-its. I can’t exactly tell you what constitutes the just right pen, as the requirements may change from day to day, project to project. Some days, it’s gel… others it may be rollerball. And, depending on the surface on which the paper I’m writing on is placed, it can get totally changed up. You should so see my desk drawer at school. I can’t bring them home, ‘cuz
Ok… so that’s it. That was harder than I thought it would be! I’m tuckered out and don’t think I can manage the other meme I thought I’d be able to tackle. I promise I’ll get it on my to-do list for another day.
Now, for the five lucky contestants who get to keep it goin’ (If they so chose)…
Magneto Bold Too! (although, she just sorted through a bunch of fodder, so she may be plum worn out with memes)
Skschein (my school bud… who doesn’t actually have her own blog, yet, but certainly has a place to put it and is dipping her toes in slowly!!)
March 14, 2008
It's called "Links Around the World" and the idea is to help people increase the readership of their blogs, while giving yours a lil' jump, as well.
1. Place your link at the end of the list. If you have more than 1 blog, feel free to add them all here!
2. After placing your blog’s address, you must tag 5 or more bloggers that are not yet on the list, this is to keep the ball rolling. (Please remember to let the bloggers know they've been tagged!)
Now, I tag more people to keep it going:
There ya go... Hey, BetteJo!!! This was my first tag that I actually followed through on!!! (I was tagged right after I started blogging, but was too much of a virgin to give it a whirl!) You took my "tag cherry" ;)
Have fun, y'all!
March 9, 2008
Itchy. And not the kind that Benadryl or Calamine Lotion will take care of.
That's me today. I don't know why... everything's ok. Nothing's 'festering' or brewing. No major changes.
Maybe it's just the upcoming (and much needed) Spring Break.
:: sigh ::
:: shrug ::
I'll just sit here and scratch. (ew!?!)