November 19, 2007

Bah-Humbug

That would be me this happy holiday season.

Tom and Joe won't even be here until (hopefully) spring. I didn't even want to get a "family" picture made this year because it would just have two empty spots in it. That's not like me... an opportunity to have even more pictures to slap in frames around the house? Miss it? Nah... never! Yup. My three looked adorable, sweet, deceiving. It just didn't feel right.

Juggling being available for the kids, working, trying to build a business = no money this year. What's new, right? Oh, one funny, tho... guess who got a speeding ticket? Here's a hint: it wasn't me! Mr. "Jodie, you drive way too fast. Here, you just sit over there in the passenger's seat and be quiet while I set the cruise control on 60 mph. I don't care if we're on the turnpike and the speed limit is 75! Check out my gas mileage graph on my Palm!! Oh, look at yours - down, down, down. Slow down, Darling!!!" had a lil' bit o' lead foot... in a school zone, no less!!!! Yes, folks, there is a God... and she gave me a well deserved high-five last week, the day he called asking where in the hell the insurance verification was! I'd laugh harder if it wasn't going to cost us so damn much.

Sigh...

My first Christmas morning without my kids. Without watching their little faces go from all sleepy, gooey, squinty-eyed to Wow!!! in 3.2 flat. Goes with the territory, I suppose. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

I know! How about we just skip Christmas this year. Yeah! I'll go to bed on the 24th, and wake up, and it will be the 26th and it will all be past me.

Maybe we'll get that winter camping get-away afterall...

3 comments:

Steve said...

Excuse me Missy!

You still drive too damned fast :p

BetteJo said...

Oh I hate that stuff. I'm guessing we're talking about a divorce deal. I was very mean. I told my ex-husband he would NEVER have my kids on Christmas morning, and he didn't fight me on it.
He had a lot of guilt over the divorce and I took advantage of it. My kids would see him on Christmas Eve, and Christmas day later when I sent my kids to his parents house for dinner. But the magical morning was mine. ALL mine. Call me selfish - I don't regret it for a second.

Day Dreamer said...

I'm with Bettejo.

You don't drive too fast. Steve needs to PROVE it....

You, on the other hand, have proof!

I also would like to go to bed ANY day and wake up an entire 24 hours later! Wow! That would be soooo niiiice.....

I sorry about the kiddo's, Jodo. I know it won't be easy.

LYMI,
CandidOBug....